Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Curious Case of the Open Lace!


Its rather terse , I warn.
I have been wanting to tell you this from times forlorn.
Every morning when I am scrambling to the stop,
to catch the bus to the metro and hop.
I stop and notice that my laces have come off
I stand and I wonder if I had even tied them on.

I scratch my head
I remember the clue
when I was stuffing the sandwich and tying the shoe.

Sometimes I wait, sometimes I don't
for I am too lazy or sometimes on the phone.
So the laces flow like a doggy's tail
but I carry on, for I am always late.

Moments later I hop off the metro and swipe the card
to sit in a Grameen Sewa Auto which is a "10 by 10" cart.
Filled with people to the brim who enjoy a rambly ride
10 road bumps later, I have to go to my cubicle and hide.
For if my boss sees the clock
he is sure to give me a firing on the spot.

I get to the office all queasy and panting
after running up the stairs and wishing the madam good morning!
I switch on my PC to check for new mail
but find that my laces have come off yet again.

So my routine is pretty routine
but I've yet to ask thee
if I can figure this out before I turn twenty three!

2 comments:

Palak said...

its a fantastic tale Karan..! unusual life of the 21 century..! :D
and to this line : "but I've yet to ask thee, if I can figure this out before I turn twenty three!"....
You know you're getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you're down there..:):) good job..keep writing..

samir-sharma said...

I want to give your writing (the variety and the wit)some competition man !! Its almost impossible :)

Waise yeh meri kahani hai ! Laces baandhne ka time kahan hai agar khul jaayein toh ??